From February 28, 2019, the new regulation governing free admissions to State Museums entered into force.
The new legislation includes 20 free days during the year, divided as follows:
- every first Sunday of the month from October to March;
- from 5 to 10 March, on the occasion of the MUSEUM WEEK;
- 8 new days to be used at the discretion of the museums.
More specifically, for the Bargello Museums the 2019 free days calendar will be organized as set out below:
|March 3||first Sunday of the month|
|from 5 to 10 March 2019||Museum Week|
|March 27||David di Donatello award|
|April 25||Liberation Day|
|May 9||Europe Day|
|June 2||Republic Day|
|June 24||celebration of Saint John, patron of Florence|
|September 29||"Corri la Vita"|
|October 6||first Sunday of the month|
|October 13||Family National Day|
|November 3||first Sunday of the month|
|November 30||Tuscany Day|
|December 1||first Sunday of the month|
The ticket price for visitors between 18 and 25 years old will be 2 euros in all days not included in the free entries calendar.
The same conditions will be apply to citizens of non-EU countries only upon mutual agreement.
Proof of eligibility for free entry is to be shown at ticket office.
- Children under 18 years of any nationality, showing passport or id card. Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by adults;
- Teachers and undergraduate, PhD, MA or post-doc students enrolled in the European Union's Faculties of Cultural Heritage, Conservation and Educational Services. Architecture, Literature and Philosophy (Arts and Humanities) only if enrolled in literature degrees with an archaeological or historic-artistic specialization. Students are requested to show a valid certificate of enrollment for the current academic year, in Italian or in English (for foreign students).
- Teachers and students enrolled in Italian Fine Arts Academies or equivalent EU Institutes upon showing a valid certificate for the current year
- Journalists of the European Union. Showing a valid certificate for the current year in Italian or in English for foreign citizens (i.e. Press Card)
- Non-EU journalists only if enrolled in the Italian Association of Journalists
- Groups of students from Italian public or private schools or other EU member States accompanied by their teachers.
- On-duty tour guides (upon presenting a valid license issued by competent authority)
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- In case of studies and researches authorized by an Italian or international university, academy, school, research institute, or cultural organization, or by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, or for other justifiable reasons, the requesting parties may be granted free admission, which is valid only for specified periods of time.
REDUCED - PRICE TICKET ( 2 euros )
European Union citizens only, aged 18-25 upon showing passport or ID, and citizens of non-EU Countries only upon mutual agreement.